A variety of bones from grass-fed and pasture-raised animals (2-4 pounds)
Filtered water to cover.
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1) Begin by selecting high-quality bones from grass-fed and pasture-raised animals. These bones will contain the highest levels of nutrients and minerals.
2) Place the bones in a large stockpot and cover them with water.
3) Add in a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, which will help to extract the nutrients from the bones.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours for maximum nutrient extraction.
5) Once the broth has simmered for the desired amount of time, strain the liquid using a fine-mesh strainer.
6) Allow the broth to cool and then store it in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use.
Chicken bone broth: Simmer chicken bones with carrots, celery, onion, and garlic for a delicious and nutrient-dense broth.
Beef bone broth: Use beef bones, along with onion, garlic, and a few sprigs of fresh herbs, for a rich and hearty broth.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 hours
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: bone broth benefits for hair